The was initially designed for trading Stocks, Options and the Future Market.
However, different styles of traders can make use of it in various markets and any chart timeframes.
The Woodies Trading System - Patterns takes a Strategy Builder like approach and can be easily configured to scan simultaneously for any available pattern.
The purpose of this tool is to compress everything down to 1 alert to warn of any opportunities, and it can also be automated.
To further improve the success rate, the patterns' performance can be studied with the help of the Strategy Tester.
The Strategy Tester Mode allows for instant backtesting on historical data.
It can assist in determining the right combination of patterns and exit rules, and it can help decide which patterns are better for which market.
The Alert Mode can be found on this page Woodies-CCI Trading System - Patterns (Alert Mode).
This trading system contains all the particular features as described by Woodie, and more.
▪ Pattern Recognition (entry signals based on well-defined patterns)
- Trade patterns that are in agreement with the established trend
1. Zero-Line Reject (ZLR)
2. (TLB) - with the trend
3. Horizontal (HTLB) - with the trend
4. Tony Trade (TT)
5. GB100 ( GB )
6. Reverse Divergence ( RD )
- Trade patterns that are against the trend (these patterns indicate the possibility of a change in trend direction and are recommended for experienced traders)
1. Shamu Trade (ST)
2. The Famir Trade ( FT )
3. Vegas Trade ( VT )
4. Ghost Trade ( GT )
5. Hook From Extreme (HFE)
6. (TLB) - counter-trend
7. Horizontal (HTLB) - counter-trend
▪ Exit rules
2. crossing back through the 100 lines
3. TCCI hooking or going flat, not moving, or no progress
4. hook from extremes
5. Profit target hit
6. forming a flat top formation
7. crossing a Horizontal
8. When the disagrees with the trade
9. crossing the Zero-Line (ZL)
▪ WCCI Histogram coloring based on Woodie's trend definition
- Blue for Uptrend
- Red for Downtrend
- Gray for No Trend
- Yellow for trend establishment
▪ The is on the Zero-Line - it is the 25 period Least Squares Moving Average (it shows the ZL as a series of red and green segments)
- Red segments - the market price is below
- Green segments - the market price is above
▪ Chop Zone Indicator (CZI) - Positioned on the levels +100 and -100 (it shows market direction)
- Cyan shows up market
- Brown shows down market
- Multiple colors show market in a sideways mode
▪ Sidewinder Indicator (SI) - Positioned on the levels +200 and -200
- Red shows a flat or non-trending market
- Yellow shows a trending market
- Green shows a strong trending market
▪ The (14) is indicated with the fuchsia color
▪ WCCI length auto-change to 20 on 1-hour chart intervals and higher
▪ The Turbo (6) has a dark red color
▪ TWCCI auto-hide on 1-hour chart intervals and higher
▪ Early Alert Functionality available (eg 20 seconds before the signal is considered valid)
▪ Simplified Alerts
- An all in one alert
- Alerts for entry triggers
- Alerts for exit conditions
▪ Some Pattern Statistics are available on the chart in a panel
Simple Steps to set it up:
- 1 - Choose at least 1 pattern (with-the-trend patterns are friendlier than the counter-trend ones)
- 2 - Choose at least 1 exit condition
- 3 - Set the alerts (1 for Entry and 1 for Exit, or 1 alert running for both Entry and Exit)
For the new trader, the trend continuation patterns are easier to manage.
Newcomers should stick to trend-following patterns until they feel very confident!
Here are Three Entry Choices:
- 1 - Conservative -
Wait until the bar closes to enter - This is the easiest to execute.
- 2 - Conservative to Aggressive -
Woodie would like the beginner to enter the market if, with 20 seconds left in the bar, a valid pattern presents itself.
- 3 - Very Aggressive -
Enter trade as soon as the bar indicates a signal during price bar formation. This is for experienced traders, as the signal conditions are final at the close of the bar and the intra-bar changes are not recorded.
You are strongly urged to follow the Option 2.
- Money Management: Apply an Initial Protective Stop; Use Trade Exits; Study the past performance - Statistics (Strategy Tester Mode).
a Discord bot for Charting (TradingView and Heatmaps) is available
🟣 If you like any of my Invite-Only Tools, let me know
(DM or Discord for inquiries)
Seems like a well defined strategy here. Thank you so much for your effort and contribution?
Could I ask your favor to grant me access to this script? That would be awesome!